A. Four sets of:
Deadlift x 4-6 reps @ 2111
Rest 20 seconds
Wall Climbs x 4-5 reps or Handstand Hold x 30-60 seconds
Rest 3 minutes
B. Two sets of:
Against a three minute running clock, complete:
400 Meter Run and then complete as many reps as possible of
AMRAP x Shoulder to Overhead (115 lbs/80 lbs)
Rest three minutes between sets.
PERFORMANCE & CROSSFIT
A. Aerobic Restoration
25-40 minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort – easy, restorative pace:
* Swim (this is my first choice)
* Row (focus on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace)
* AirDyne (keep the pace conversational and relaxed)
* Cycling (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery as you ride)
* Hike (nothing crazy here, find a nice easy slope and go for a walk outdoors)
NOTE ABOUT ACTIVE RECOVERY – The activity selected must be restorative for you. It can also be an opportunity to work on a skill (like swimming or rowing), but the effort expended should leave you feeling energized at the end of the session, not depleted. I would also always prefer to see active recovery done as soon after rising as possible on the active recovery days. It’s an opportunity to start some blood flowing and aid your recovery.
B. Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– AND/OR –
* Body work from a licensed body worker
C. Inflammation Maintenance
* This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, etc….
D. Nutrition Preparation
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week (friday-Sunday).
E. Mental Restoration
* Different for everyone – could be meditation/yoga, Church small group, Crossfit Faith
Part 2 of 7