Just a reminder: at 2pm on Saturday we will be having a weightlifting seminar followed by “Total” and “Randy”. We will be celebrating Randy’s Birthday so bring a dish to share after the WODs are over. We are providing the grilled meat. EVERYONE WELCOME!
A.Take 12-15 minutes and build to a heavy Power Clean
B.Five sets for times of:
Power Clean x 5 reps
24″/20″ Box Jumps x 15 reps
Rest 2 minutes
PERFORMANCE & CROSSFIT TEAM
A. Aerobic Restoration
25-40 minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort – easy, restorative pace:
* Swim (this is my first choice)
* Row (focus on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace)
* AirDyne (keep the pace conversational and relaxed)
* Cycling (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery as you ride)
* Hike (nothing crazy here, find a nice easy slope and go for a walk outdoors)
NOTE ABOUT ACTIVE RECOVERY – I would also always prefer to see active recovery done as soon after rising as possible on the active recovery days. It’s an opportunity to start some blood flowing and aid your recovery.
B. Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– AND/OR –
* Body work from a licensed body worker: Kari Cresswell 972-571-4621, Scott Thrapp 618-889-1891
* This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, etc….
D. Nutrition Preparation
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
E. Mental Restoration
* Different for everyone – meditation/yoga, church group, Crossfit Faith
Part 1 of 7 Primal Blueprint interview